Saturday, March 05, 2005

Good Mama, Bad Mama

On the same day that I was patting myself on the back for the great results (<2 ug/dl) on her lead test despite having been pregnant and raising her in a lead infested apartment and house, she got her hands on a Milk-Bone and was eating it for what I believe to be several minutes before I noticed. Not only was it a dog treat, it was one the dog had carried around in her mouth a while before hiding it in Catie's toys.

I blame television. And the current administration.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I once freaked out a babysitter by eating most of a Milk-Bone. I was about eight years-old and curious as to why the dog loved them. It tasted like a hard stale graham cracker. Then this past Thanksgiving, my daughter (now 2) was happily feeding my cousin's dog when she first pulled a carrot out of the dog's mouth and ate it, then ate one of the dog's "liver puffs." It was both hilarious and disgusting. And then there was the time my husband ate a "Snausage"...

Dana said...

apparently I don't eat enough pet food... :)