Monday, January 09, 2006

It's Very Touching!

You know that part of The Heffalump Movie when Lumpy finds her call and trumpets so her mother can find her and the mother (voiced by Brenda Blethyn, by the way), comes crashing through the trees? And then as Lumpy tells her that Roo needs to be saved from that giant tangle of logs, and Mummy looks at Kanga and sees the look of fear/terror in her eyes, and goes over and saves him?

When watching that makes me have to force myself not to weep, you know the hormones are a bit out of whack. And that makes for a long week for Big Daddy.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Yeah, but that is a pretty touching part of the movie. Besides, lack of sleep makes you cry at a lot of things, not just make-believe purple elephants with fuzzy pink tails.

BabyonBored said...

I still tear up when I read "Guess How Much I Love You." How hack is that?