Sunday, July 23, 2006

This Is Getting Ridiculous

10:30 pm + waking from sound sleep + high fever + vomiting = better than 50% chance of cancellation of surgery in the morning.

We're supposed to take her in anyway if she seems at all improved, though the peds anesthesiologist on call said they would still probably cancel. Yay.

8:00 am

We've cancelled. She had to go in and be assessed, but since her fever spiked again when she got up and she vomited in the car on the way in (and of course, we walked out of the house without the bag with her change-of-clothes), the anesthesiologist said there's no reason to make her more miserable and risk a longer hospital stay. This isn't a pressing issue, so we'll reschedule.

7 comments:

Beanie Baby said...

Oh no!

How frustrating.

Carlos said...

Oh my. Poor Peanut (and exhausted Mom, I am sure).

Also, Google dropped your blog off the front page of "bad mama" searches. Considering the search queries you were getting, this may be an improvement.

Jen said...

So very sorry that she is sick, and it is probably better that they wait until after she is better. Sucks for you and Big Daddy though.

Mete said...

Wow. What a strange chain of events. Hopefully she's feeling better soon. Poor thing.

Bernard Guerrero said...

How many surgeries is she in for, long-run?

Carrie said...

Bernard, it depends. More than likely, we are looking at least one more on her foot (kids with AMC are notorious for not keeping club foot corrections because their soft tissue is more stiff, and hers is already moving), possibly one on her hand for the finger that stays pinned down. The surgeon also thinks he'll end up doing some bone work around her knees in a few years. It's just difficult to know, because so much depends on how she grows.

The Imperfect Christian said...

Ugh. How frustrating! Hopefully it will be over soon. I know the anticipation is one of the hard things to get through!