Sunday, July 17, 2005

Ode to Bob, Larry, and Jim


The weather has gotten completely unreasonable again, and so we are stuck inside, and it is too hot to be on the computer much. I had to brave the oven-like heat for this, however. This is what is getting us through these weeks where I can't set foot outside with Peanut lest she melt inside the body cast. This is the handiwork of my stepfather, Bob, his buddy Larry, and their friend Jim's very expensive saw. They made Peanut a chair that can hold her sitting upright and a table that curves around her so that she can reach everything, even though she can't bend at the waist. Previously, the only way to have her sitting upright was to have her straddling my leg. That's right, I had to hold her ALL DAY LONG, and attempt to figure out what on earth it was that she was pointing and grunting for me to pick up and give her. As you can imagine, she is much, much happier like this. Thanks, guys. You have no idea how much you have improved the lives of both of us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOLD HER ALL DAY LONG? Girl...you must be strong.

Yes! The Bobs and Jim and Larry are most certainly heros. And I must say Peanut looks very happy with her toys in touchable reach.

Jen said...

I think this is the best picture I have ever seen of Peanut. She truly looks proud that she can sit on her own and reach all those fantastic toys. I bet your arms feel much better.

Kudos to the guys that gave you that great gift.