Sunday, August 14, 2005

I'll Turn It Off Now (And One More!)

Questions I have been pondering:

  • What kind of animal is Uniqua in The Backyardigans? There is a moose, a penguin, a hippo, and a kangaroo (I think), but I don't know what she is supposed to be. A lizard? And how do I get this song out of my head?
  • Why is Piggley's mother anatomically correct for an adult woman when she's a pig? Dannan doesn't have fingers, after all; she has feathers instead. Will she grow breasts too as she gets older?
  • I don't know about yours, but my cats would have eaten George Shrinks rather than made friends with him. And what is up with his parents, anyway? He's about three inches tall, but they don't seem to know where the hell he is most of the time.
  • Why do Little Bear's parents wear clothes, but Little Bear doesn't?

4 comments:

elswhere said...

Oh, don't get me started on Arthur.

That puppy thing is just weird. But even weirder? Arthur's NOSE. Or rather, his lack of nose. Go ahead (in your copious free time, I know), go over to the library and check out the inaugural Arthur book. It is called ARTHUR'S NOSE and it's all about how the other kids tease him because of his LONG ANTEATER NOSE and how he comes to accept himself.

But then? Somehow? Offscreen? He got a nose job! And so did his whole family! Now you'd never even know he had a nose!

I actually like the books. And the show. But the nose thing drives me bonkers. "Believe in yourself, that's the place to start," pah!

The puppy, too.

Dana said...

Ok I dig the Higglytown Heros(the theme song is sung by a kick ass band)...and Uniqua is a rare extinct kind of animal called the "bad name ubiquitous animal" rare species generally only seen on nickelodeon.

As far as the rest of them...boycoting boohbahs becuase their drugs are better than mine...arthur was soo much cooler in books than in tv...

Dora apparently rocks...or in my dad's words "she's kinda hot" (ew but we will go there another time)

Mel said...

I like the food for thought.... There is some very weird stuff for cartoons anymore.

We bought the Looney Tunes on DVD so we can raise our son with the "classics", lol.

Jen said...

I HATE, yes HATE, when the silly songs and tunes from my kids tv programs get stuck in my head. Mrs. Spider's Sunny Patch whatevers has a song they sing at a Halloween show that has been hummed in my head about a zillion times. And the Backyardigans? The "Stomp Like a Yedi" song will forever be stuck in my head. Please help me.